Dein Weg ins Ausland an der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen Fakultät
Studying abroad – spend one semester in a different country, among different cultures, and in an international environment – acquire credits for your degree while improving your language skills and your intercultural competence – meet other students from all over the world and build your personal network – leave your comfort zone behind and develop both academically and personally – experience an unforgettable time and meanwhile, gain “that certain something” for your CV that most recruiters are looking for – got your attention?
How to study abroad as a student from the Faculty of Business and Economics
1. Gather information
- Visit one of our information events at the beginning of every semester (dates will be announced at an early stage)
- Choose one or more of our partner universities which are interesting for you and your course of study – you can choose individually based on your interests!
- Please take attention towards the required language certificate for your chosen partner university so that you can attend relevant language courses or take an examination within time, for example at the ZESS
- Participate in our Exchange@WIWI events and the Study Buddy Program and get in contact with former outgoing students as well as international exchange students to prepare for your semester abroad
- If you need any more advice or have any questions - you are welcome to contact our Study Abroad Advisory team!
2. Send us your application
- You can apply for three different programs which you can find above. In any of your applications you are free to select a number of universities where you would like to study. Also, you can apply for more than one program at the same time. Please note the different application deadlines for all three programs:
- Erasmus+: 31th January for the coming academic year (for a stay in the summer or winter term)
- Worldwide Program of our Faculty: 15th January for the following winter term, 15th June for the following summer term
- Worldwide Program from Göttingen International: 1st December for the following winter term, 1st June for the following summer term
- You can find more information on our partner universities as well as required documents for your application under the three different programs above.
- After you sent us your application we are going to evaluate them. In certain cases there might be a personal interview before we nominate you at our partner university and all following preparations can start.
3. Apply at our partner university and get ready
- After the nomination there are a couple of documents and formalities which need to be handed in at the partner university. Afterwards, you will receive all important information for your semester abroad.
- Once you are registered at the partner university, we are happy to support you with all your questions regarding your preparations, your course selection, learning agreement, accreditation of your courses, etc.
4. You are ready to go!
- If you have any questions regarding these four steps, feel free to come to the office hour of the Study Abroad Advisory team.
Otherwise, we are looking forward to receiving your application soon!